Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Silliness - You Know What To Do...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial – only because we had to have one in the apartment we first lived in, and it hasn’t completely disintegrated yet…. Oh, and cats.

3. When do you put up the tree? Black Friday

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after, usually – or the weekend before New Year’s.

5. Do you like egg nog? I’ve really tried, but no – I don’t care what you put in it, I just can’t do it.

6. What is your most favorite Christmas gift ever? My Aquamarine ring, Cameron’s birthstone.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Todd’s mom gave it to me when Cameron was a baby – I have no idea where it is, though. We used it for a nightlight for Nick when he was a baby – might be in his closet. It doesn’t go with my Santa collection, at all.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Parents

9. Easiest person to buy for? Me

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, the every-other-year I manage to send them. Especially this year :)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? When I was 13, I think, my aunt gave me little-kid make-up; I was utterly appalled. She meant well, but wow, out of touch. And raised a son many years before, so now in hindsight, probably not her fault.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story, of course. “F-R-A-G-I-L-E; hmmm, must be Italian. Fra-gee-lay!” Classic – and yes, I like that line better than the much-overused “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid”.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I finally decide I can’t possibly blow if off any longer.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I recycled one of Todd’s, that he got from one of the people who worked for him, for a White Elephant party at work – the one and only I’ve ever participated in (yes, I got the biggest white elephant of them all, and I’ll be damned if I can tell you what it was – a big box of really old computer-like junk)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham and sugar cookies – sometimes on the same plate J What? Flour is a grain - that's a food group.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Color on tree, house has clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Ave Maria, though I’m not sure this is strictly a Christmas song. Or Christmas Eve in Sarajevo by TSO.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home – traveling is for soccer season L

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yeah, usually. Not without singing, which, trust me, none of you want me to do.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither – one of those German glass pointy things – I’m sure they have a name, but I have no idea what it is.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning with my kids – sometimes 1 each on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Malls and the people that inhabit them.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red, gold, green.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A working sewing machine, and money for a trip to England in ’09. And about 50 colors of silk thread, in 50yd increments or more.

25. Who is most likely to respond to this? Whoever else doesn’t feel like working today?

No comments: