Monday, August 20, 2012

The End is Nigh


I am not going to post a lengthy update, since at some point in the near future, posting anything to Multiply will be null & void. I just want to get this week's progress up and over to my other blog, which I will hopefully be able to continue to mirror from my new home, which will probably be Word Press. I haven't gotten all the facts yet, so haven't even made an attempt to start a new gig up there; it would be great if I could figure out WHY I can't get photos into my Blogger blog itself, but am not sure I care to work on it, since I have to deal with data here first and foremost.



Fortunately, I only have progress on 2 things to share, which will help to keep this short :) I'll start with an update to the L*K Very Scary Mystery SAL; I have not quite half of Part 2 done. I didn't go to Tuesday night at the IHOP, and was busy all through the week & weekend; what did get done was done during a couple of lunches and one night after work, before I had to get dinner going. Here is where I am now:



I may be able to finish up this part (and maybe start the bonus) this week; I am going to the IHOP tomorrow, barometer-head-willing, so ought to make a dent there, if I can see it.

My main piece for the week was Chat Noir, which was pretty simple after coming away from L&U :) I could have sworn that I worked on it a few months ago; turns out, that few months ago was last December. Man, has it been that long? Anyway, I have about 15 stitches to go to finish Page 1 (yes, still on Page 1, but AM working on Page 2 at the same time, which is roughly 1/3-1/2 done, too). Here he is, as of last night:

And where he was before I started this turn on him, for reference:


Once I realized this is the first time I've worked on him this calendar year, I wondered if I should keep him out another week, or move on as I had planned? I can't decide. I was kinda ready to move on to Halloween Quaker, since I have all this Halloween stuff piling up around me :) I'll decide when I sit down tonight, I guess. I definitely think working on Chat right after I finish working on L&U is a good idea - still in confetti mode, but it's NOT RED :)

Well, that's it from here for now. For some pretty well-written pieces on the closing of Multiply, Mel has several posts, both on her Muliply page and her WordPress page; just some good info all in one spot...


2 comments:

Nancy M said...

Great progress on Chat!!! I'll look forward to seeing more of the mystery too. Can I ask a favor?? Can you take the confirmation thing off of comments?? I can't stand it and usually takes me several tries before I get it right! I've never had any spammers on my blogspot since I opened it.

Kate said...

Lovely stitching on LK.
Chat is looking great.