Monday, January 17, 2011

The Melt - an Update

Well, as you saw from last week's update, I was snowed in on Monday; Georgia was CLOSED. THEN we got ice on top of the snow (but, thankfully, not really on trees or power lines, not by us, anyway), and we were then iced in Tuesday & Wednesday, to the point that Hall County was sitting up at the main road Tuesday morning, keeping people off of it. I did work from home on Wednesday, and after 6 hours of sitting at the PC, in the jet stream that blows through our house, I was a Karen-cicle. Thursday, we managed to get out and go to work, where I ran my space heater with abandon :) AND didn't fall and bust my ass on the skating rink that had replaced the parking lot! I would like to note that Hall County did a GREAT JOB on all the roads I have to be on, especially I-985; Gwinnett County (and I-85), ummm, not so much :( Now, if I can just get the kids back to school - they are off today for MLK, even though some counties made them go back today to get caught up (which caused a bunch of civil rights groups to get their panties in a wad). I am soooo tired of hearing "there's nothing to eat here"....


So, since I had time at home, AND the power stayed on, I stitched a good bit on Monday & Tuesday. I kept Jodie's RR out and just kept plugging away on those border boxes. I worked for hours & hours on 7 of them - and then decided I needed to do something different. So I think I got Jodie's to a good point, she ought to be able to finish it up in pretty short order (if she has time around Temptation, that is). I really think this is a great piece, and though those colors don't scream Christmas, it's definitely unique. Thanks for letting me work on it - and keep it longer, so I could devote the time to it I had planned.


So, when I decided I had to break out of the boxes, I decided to get out Starry Nights - it's been laying on top of my WIP pile, those purples hollering at me over and over. WHEN we were finally able to move around, I finally got stretcher bars for it - HL only had 1 set the time I went in for them, and so I've been working it in QSnaps since - but I can't fit the whole thing in a size small enough to fit the canvas. Somewhere along the way I finally got a handle on the two-layer chart, and worked them together. I was excited to get as much done as I did, but also sad to see I am over half-way now; it's a project I don't want to see end...


And then, yesterday, it was time for MTM to come back out; I've made it wait long enough to finish those corners. So I worked on the upper left corner yesterday afternoon, making good progress on the gold & turquoise sections:


And then, I actually go the remote for a minute, and made the mistake of flipping through the channels, until I saw Jane's Addiction on HDNet. Because, you know, Dave Navarro plays guitar. Without a shirt on. Yeah, he's hot. And I'm not even into tattoos and piercing and all that - but his tattoos realllllyy bring out his eyes, which are, ummm, yeah....


So anyway, MTM will stay out until it is either done, or until I need a break from the repetition. So we'll see :) I have my monthly PINS gathering this coming Saturday - I can't wait! I have my 2 Christmas pieces to take for show & tell, am debating taking some of the newly-framed pieces, too. And on that note, here's a little tune called Jane Says (though in this one, it appears EVERYONE is shirtless - you'll pick Dave out, I think :) ). Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Fabulous WIPs :)

Terri said...

Great stitching as always Karen. Looking forward to MTM being done :)

Cathy said...

You have made alot of progress. Dave's eyes are hot. Enjoy your stitching this week.