Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Monday Update

Well, here it is, past the half point of February, already! And I have a 12-year birthday on the 26th - he has practice that night, so guess what? He gets to stand in the goal and have the team shoot at him, trying to hit him in the butt :) Somehow, his dad (the Coach) is taking an evil pleasure in the whole idea - I guess since it's payback for his birthday last October :) In other sports news, the Big Kid (whose 16th b-day is in March) remains undefeated as they had a shut-out Friday night :) I missed it, as I opted to stay home & stitch, as it was an hour from home, up in the sticks; I wasn't willing to sit through another 3-hour game and then face an hour drive back home, not after the week I had last week. And then of course, it was a quick game, in that it started 1/2 hour earlier than scheduled (?), and DH was home by 9:30ish. I knew I should have just gone...

On to this week's stitching. I worked on my RR piece, Shawn's Yesteryear, and got the 2nd block done - Photograph. It is now ready to move on to Anita, sometime this week. You can see the pics here:
http://rifestitch.multiply.com/photos/album/59/2009_RR#7
http://rifestitch.multiply.com/photos/album/59/2009_RR#6
I wish the pics picked up the subtle colors in the fabric - it is a very pretty light, light blue with the faintest bits of tan mottling. I thought it was so pretty when I first got the package - then remembered that I liked it so well, I have a piece in the stash :) Of course, not that I've seen this LHN piece on it, I'll be hard pressed to decide what to use mine for :) Though, now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder what that Egyptian Nights thread would look like on it??? I know neither of my Long Dogs I am contemplating for that thread would fit on that fabric - unless I did them over-1 :) But will only work if they don't have any bs details.... Hmmm....

My main piece this week was English Garden Sampler. I worked on, you guessed it, more border :) I got the main stitching done all the way across the top, and got a start on the right side. Will finish up the top section next time, then will decide if I work down the right some more, or work in to the fountain scene :) I really would like to complete page 1....
http://rifestitch.multiply.com/photos/album/17/Teresa_Wentzler_WIPs#37

I also worked on my first biscornu last week, during lunch a day or two, and while waiting for the Kid to get out of practice. It will be sent to the Netherlands, assuming I finish it in time, for the Jan Houtman Foundation - they are doing a fundraiser to try to raise money to put a roof on the building that houses this amazing collection of samplers. I would like to put together a needlebook, too, but I procrastinated too long, and seriously doubt I'll have time. If only those ornaments hadn't intruded into my travel projects... Anyway, no picture yet - it's just a pointy blob at the moment, using a mystery spool of Vikki Clayton silk. When I get the first side done, I'll take a pic :)

This week, Knotgarden comes out again, and I will hopefully get the big chunk of that green bottom right corner done - then I can work on connecting the top & bottom on that side :) Since I have two games during the week, we'll see how far I get. This will be my last soccer-free weekend, so I plan to make the most of it, assuming the barometer and my head (and my stress level) permit me to :) Happy stitching this week to everyone!

No comments: