Monday, February 02, 2009

The Groundhog Says: Keep on Stitching!

No spring in sight, as far as I can tell. Which makes sense, since out first HS game is this Friday! No idea what the weather will be by then, but it was 60 yesterday, and only in the 30s by Wednesday! It's probably a given that I'll be a popsicle Friday night, probably well before half time. We'll just have to see if it's too cold to take a project with me :)

You've probably already seen my BoInk update - that took up my Monday evening completely, and an hour here & there until I got to the stopping point Thursday, leaving me looking forward to tomorrow's next part eagerly :) Let's hope these next two (and final!?!?) parts are frog-free! I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's done!!!

On Friday, when I got home, I started the next ornament, but I haven't done enough to warrant a picture; I think it's a fairy sitting in a wreath :) It has wings and a big red bow, that much I know. We'll see if I get it done this week.

I worked on Shawn's Yesteryear piece some more for our RR; I got one heart done and a start on a leaf of the bottom border one night the week before last when I fell asleep. So I finished up that bottom border this week (no frogs from my nap, I'm happy to report), and then, decided to start the Photograph block :) I almost went to the Bicycle one, but then changed my mind. Here is where it is right now:
http://rifestitch.multiply.com/photos/album/59/2009_RR#5

My main focus this week was, after getting over the BoInk hurdle, Lady & Unicorn. I could really use a few 1200-1500 stitch weeks on this thing to get me to my goal of having the top row of pages done by summer - but didn't get it this week. I spent hours and hours this week, and I can finally say that I finished page 3!!!!! But holy cow, this week's progress was ALL confetti - I think the biggest section I had of one symbol was never more than 8 stitches in a row - and I didn't get to those until yesterday. I am really not sure how many stitches I did - several hundred - but they are a bit scattered; as I worked diligently to get page 3 done, whatever color I had in my needle, I used up on page 4 as was convenient - either out of thread or reachable stitches. I did take 2 pictures this time, one with the chart, so you can see the spread of this week's hours of work (the brightest yellow towards where the pages meet - the fainter yellow to the left was from an earlier rotation), and then the area I worked - looks like flag tails to me :)
http://rifestitch.multiply.com/photos/album/2/SQ_Lady_wUnicorn_-_Current_Progress#46 - the pic w/chart.
http://rifestitch.multiply.com/photos/album/2/SQ_Lady_wUnicorn_-_Current_Progress#47 - the stitched area detail.

That tree above the flag is going to be a bear - lots of dark with spots of this and that throughout. The flag itself, when I get to the main body of it, ought to go relatively quickly, except the moons on the blue band - you have no idea how many freakin' color changes are in a moon! And then the last page on right hand side is only 12 columns wide, I think, so I expect I'll work it in the same time I'm on that edge of 4. The top row finish is in sight - it's well off still, but after over 2 1/2 years, it is on the horizon. Then I can start all over again on the next row... :( The unicorn & the lion have large sections of just a few colors - the edges will be confetti hell, but the main bodies not so much. Though I think those are all on the 3rd row - so 5 years out??? Give or take... Can I just say that I do not know how anyone could do one of these in under a year - even if I didn't work, had no one to cook & clean for, and was left to my own devices all day every day, I just don't see how I could do it - I couldn't stitch, not on a project as intense as this, for 7-8 hours every single day. But people do it - more power to 'em, I say!!

This week, I get out MTM again - I can't wait to get home tonight!!! We'll see if I am able to pick up BoInk this week (after tomorrow's release), or if I jam it in next week :) If we have sunlight over the coming weekend, I would also like to work on MMM03 again - I'd like to have that done by Easter, which shouldn't be a problem. I can do the buildings at night, and the beading of the inner border, but those vines gotta be done during daylight...

Until Next week, stay warm (or cool) and Happy Stitching!! And save a warm spot int eh sun for Lucy:


No comments: