Monday, December 14, 2009

A Mid-December Update

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I have been SLAMMED! Between Christmas stuff, work stuff, and soccer stuff, I'm going to need a month off to recoup from December. But I am 99.8% done with shopping - haven't wrapped a thing yet - and soccer is just going to have to sort itself out; one more "I'm too busy to answer your e-mail" e-mail, and I'm going to wash my hands of the whole thing...

Anyway, on to the stitching stuff :) Shawn had Lyne send her 2nd RR here while she was finishing up her move from SC to TX, so while it was here, I was compelled to put a little bit of work into it :) I didn't do a lot, but it's pretty darn close to being finished, so Shawn won't have that much to do. What a great design - I don't have any Drawn Thread charts, so it was nice to have an opportunity to see one - and I told Shawn if it needs a good home when she's done, I can probably find one for it :)


I did that upper left corner - the tree, the bird, the B, and the bunny. The red bits (apples? flowers?) on the tree are spider web roses, and just like Lazy Daisies, it took me all of them to get my tension the same on 2 of them. I love that stitch, but I think it just works better for ribbon embroidery, where you can actually see the effect; in this small scale, it just kind of looks like a knot :) At any rate, this really is a beautiful design, and I was glad I got a chance to see it in it's brief layover :)

Other than that, the only thing I worked on was Lady & Unicorn, and that, only 4 nights this week. The left edge of this thing is confetti hell all the way down - if I can just start working right again, I'll get to areas of faster progress. I got several hundred stitches in over the week, but they are so scattered, it is hard to really see them - so I included a shot with the chart, with this week's progress in the orange highlighter:

And then a picture without, just for grins:

Not a huge amount of progress, but considering L&U usually gets skipped every December entirely, while I'm losing my mind doing other things, this is better than usual :)

This week, I will work on MTM, and I also need to get my next RR piece started; I'm sending round RM's Live Each Season - but I can't decide where to start it. Guess I better get the decision made, since I'm losing a week of stitching to the tourney in FL. I imagine I'll take something with me, but nothing big or complicated - other than what I'm taking to show my mom for WIPs, MTM being one of them :)

Well, that's the news - the boys & I are off for teeth cleaning in a few minutes, which was a good reason to leave work early!! Happy Stitching to everyone, and if I don't talk to you before then, have a great Christmas - I should be back online by New Years....

3 comments:

too_busy_to_stitch said...

I so hear what you say - work, college, kids - all adding up to not much stitching time! Your work is so lovely as always. I have two of mine home 'ill', so now things are getting even further behind...

Charlene ♥ NC said...

The drawn thread is lovely, and I'm sure she'll be happy for your contribution! Your unicorn looks great - and pic below looks like you've gotten a lot done (when you can't see how much more there is to go ;-) Lovely work!

Cathy said...

Great updates. Hope you have a relaxing christmas with your family. I save my vacation up until the fall when I am slower at work. I then start taking every friday off. I really enjoy the 3 day weekends. But it is hard to go back to working full weeks in January.