Monday, April 26, 2010

It Was a Dark and Stormy Update...

Rain Saturday, rain last night, more tomorrow. At least we're getting those April showers finally. And I think the worst of the pollen is finally over - tired of hearing a kid sniffle.


Well, last week was busy, though it's hard to say exactly what made it so busy. We had our last high school soccer last week - they didn't make it to the playoffs, losing a couple of key regional games and winning a couple of non-regional games back at the beginning. We're all glad that's over for another year; too much stress! We also picked out our first tux - the Big Kid has his first prom this Friday. His girlfriend made her dress; I can't wait to see them both dressed up, and you know I'm taking a zillion pictures, so check back this weekend for those :)

As for stitching, I did a little of this and a little of that - and most of it wasn't the plan for the week. On Monday, I worked on Mary Wigham. I just wasn't up to getting EGS out and tackling confetti. So I didn't, deciding I'd get it out Wednesday (Tuesday being at the stitch in). I got one small motif done Monday. And then I decided to take Mary along to my monthly gathering of PINS (Purple Iris Needlearts Society), just to see if I could work on it in the less-than-great light we have where we meet. And after a little bit, my eyes did adjust, and I was able to work on it! I started a big motif that I only got about half-done - it's hard to stitch when you talk with your hands :)
Tuesday, I took my RR piece, Lyne's AAFG, to the stitch in at the Stitch Store, wanting to get as much done as I could, so it could go out this week. Well, I worked on it, but wow, that is a hard project to work on when you can't really spread out. But I did more of the vine around the verse, and several of the smaller motifs there. I thought I'd get it out again over the weekend sometime, but then, didn't. It is currently packaged up, waiting to go to the PO.

And after Tuesday's stitch in, where Jackie continued to work on her PA Summer Dragon, I felt compelled to start my PA Autumn Dragon :) The linen, the recommended color, is really not great; it's Wichelt, and feels like sail cloth, but I'll keep on, and hope it loosens up as I go. This won't be in the regular rotation, but another (yes, ANOTHER) side project. So far, the leaves I've gotten done weren't nearly as troublesome as those on TW's Fall Carousel horse - these are all single color :) And yes, I did backstitch the corner medallion already.

I did NOT work on EGS at all during the week - just not feeling it at the moment. I need to get past that fountain scene, I think, get on with the different parts. I was even going to work on the border this time, to get away from that fountain - but it just didn't happen...
This week, back to Knotgarden. I hope to get a big chunk of that top section done this time - but my plans haven't exactly been falling into place lately, so maybe, maybe not. Check back next week to see what gets worked on - I'll probably be as surprised as you..

3 comments:

Terrie - The Stitch Store said...

WOW! You really blow my mind!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Lovely stitching :)

Cathy said...

Great progress.