Monday, December 06, 2010

The Sound of Silence - an Update

Not the Simon & Garfunkel kind, but the kind that 4 new tires gets you!!! FINALLY got rid of those crappy Goodyears, and got Kumhos - and my ride has ZERO road noise; it's awesome! For the record, in case I have to have this discussion again in a few years, I will NEVER buy another Goodyear product, so help me.

And if I just whetted your appetite for Simon & Garfunkel, a couple of my all-time favorites, here you go:


Sounds of Silence, Monterey Pop Festival, 1967 (good year :) )
And I just gotta ask - does too much dope make your hair go all Garfunkel-y?

Okay, enough of that. In other local news, it is FREAKING COLD here - because it's tournament season, so of course, we're 20 degrees below normal. I saw a FLURRY yesterday while freezing my ass off at the game :( WTH? Ummm, the weather guy somewhere said this is supposed to be a warm, dry winter here (so we can all be upset over the drought some more); well, bring it on... The tournament this weekend was a slight disappointment; we've got so many injuries, we can barely field a team, though our broken clavicle was cleared to play - and couldn't because the cold was really making him hurt. Yesterday, our main goalkeeper was our only sub, if that tells you anything. And oh, let me tell you about putting 22 17-18 yos on a small field - let the testosterone free to wreak havoc! My son's large mouth garnered him a yellow card, but at least he didn't get a red like others who were involved in the brawl. Though my kid said "damn", and the kid on the opposing team who was letting fly the F-bombs during the altercation didn't even get a talking to. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we have another tourney this weekend - if anyone's physically able to play. We did have at least one college coach out this weekend, though I know we won't meet the entry criteria to a local Christian college...

NOW, onto the stitching bits...

Still in the Christmas mood, strangely enough. I'm waiting for the Bah Humbugs to show up, and they haven't really. Shopping online helps - going to the maul may change that :( Anyway, if I can stop rambling for a minute, I can tell you that I kept Father Winter out all week, through Saturday night, and have the first page completed, except the snowflakes, which of course will be beads on my version :) I need to backstitch the legs for the bird on his hand, too, before it teeters off...


And then, when I got home yesterday and got thawed out, I worked on the Chatelaine freebie Christmas Mandala some more, got one of the 4 trees done and began a corner & the border. IF I could count, I would have gotten a little further - but I was still suffering from brain freeze or something last night. Or maybe my cocktail had a smidge too much vodka while I was making dinner; I was cold, you see. Anyway, back to rights now, and I'll keep it out for a while.


And then, during lunch, I kept working on Secret Garden; I didn't think this particular band would take so long, but it took me all week. The next 3 should go quickly, then the last couple will take more than a couple of lunches. But it will be done soon, one way or another...


And that's it. As for this week, who knows? Christmas Mandala and whatever else hollers at me, I guess, in between getting this next tourney going, and I guess I need to do more shopping - at Amazon :) Again, not making any specific plans, since I haven't been sticking to them lately :) As AR as I am, that would normally bother me, but I guess I just can't be arsed to be AR lately - which may or may not be an oxymoron :) It's either liberating, or the form of my dementia... Anyway, Happy Stitching this week to everyone, and 23 more shopping days!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Great updates. My daughter played soccer in grade school. She attended a Lutheran school and we played other Lutheran schools. One team was coached by the paster of that church. We always hated playing them as the Coach told his players to hurt the opposing team. Our girls always got broken bones and cracked ribs when playing that team. I couldn't believe that a christian school coached by a pastor would play that way. After all it is just a game.