Monday, September 21, 2009

From Drought to Deluge - a Soggy Monday Update

You know, we had that drought going on here for a few years; this time last year, Lake Lanier was almost completely empty. Well, it's all turned around now; we've had 7 days of rain, with at least 9 more in the forecast. The county I work in got around 5" of rain Saturday night alone - and it hasn't stopped yet. The danger now, of course, is flooding; we have schools closed all over metro Atlanta because of the flooding, and I heard a story about a woman who drowned in her car this morning. We haven't been on a soccer field in over a week now, and I don't see it happening this week, either. Though, oddly enough, I didn't have any trouble getting in to work this morning - we'll see if that holds for the rest of this week, with more inches called for today alone.... It seems so many things in life, at least mine, anyway, are either full on or full off - never a good happy medium. Why is that?



Saturday, I spent the afternoon driving through the rain to take my 11 entries to the N. Georgia Fair. Now I'm wondering if it will dry out any between now and October 4th to allow anyone to go and enjoy the fair? At any rate, I took 4 large pieces of needlework - The Castle, Bouquet for Cheryl, Autumn Mosaic Pillow, and Halloween Fairy. I took a set of 4 Dragon Dreams
ornies, and a single Rosewood Manor ornie. I took the jewelry that I finally completed last Monday :) I also took 4 photos, Dragonfly, Iris, The Woods, and a shot of the boys lined up for a penalty kick shoot-out that I don't have uploaded anywhere, yet - because I told my team parents that I would load 150 pics for them all to see - and haven't had time to do it. hopefully in all of that mess, one of the judges will find something they like. I did see a ginormous Monopoly Board done - it was easily 3' x 3', if not bigger. Saw lots of plastic canvas - nothing against those who do plastic canvas, but wow, so glad none of that was in my house. If we manage to get over there, I will have camera in hand, and will be better at reporting back than last year, even if I am really disappointed again.

I did get some actual stitching in over the week, too, when I got all the fair stuff out of the way, helped by not having games or practice to go to :) I was working on Lyne's sampler Sunday night, and just kept at it Monday night when I finally sat down. The first dove now has a face :)




I also got a few more days' worth of lunch work in on A Purrfect Summer Day - one cat done, 1 started, another one waiting :


Isn't he cute? Those whiskers really make him!! Though I do have to admit that, before I got the knots in his eyes, the blank white eyes kind of creeped me out, kind of Omega Man-like... Now, will the pink of the watermelon drive me over the edge? Hopefully enough little black seeds sprinkled around to break it up! :)

My main piece of the week was Knotgarden, and due to various distractions, I only worked on it 3 nights, I think. But I did finally finish petal #4, got the bridges between the petals all done, and got the third egg-thing done! I even put a couple more beads on it (hoping they don't get in the way of the Qsnaps later):


Now, on to those neverending green corners, then a bazillion plants in pots and gates :) Hopefully not another year on this...

My main distraction, after fair stuff, was finally getting my fabric for boo! Club. I was actually rather disappointed in the piece I got - it turned out to be lavender, instead of splotchy purple. I was REALLY not going for a pastel background, at all. But as long as it took me to get this one, I wasn't about to try to swap it for another, or try again with another color/brand altogether - I was ready to start it. Still not happy with it, but I got the first two blocks done, and it does look really good - just not what I had pictured in my head :( To late now:



And that's all I did last week :) This week, I hope to get that small Foursome Reel piece done, and if I get it done soon enough (since we won't be going to practice this week, I am positive, I should have time), I would like to get Samplar 4 Saisons out - may work on that for a couple of months before breaking out Anatolia and starting it, since I seem to have lots of things going at the moment. I also have Jodie's RR to work on - haven't put a stitch in it yet, so I need to do that, too. So, as usual, who knows what will actually see daylight this week - I doubt I will :( Until next week, stay dry and Happy Stitching!



Yes, I put up a spider pic - it's almost that time of year!!!!!!

No comments: