Monday, October 03, 2011

Lucy's Birthday - an Update

My girl Lucy Mae is 4 years old! We think. We guessed on the info we got from the pound for her :) So on this Day of German Unity, the German Shorthair Pointer is 4 - and wow is she a princess! I did NOT do it, her dad did. I suppose she'll expect a treat. And of course, you can't give her a treat without Dummy being right there, and then the cats expect something - just the usual anarchy where food is involved in the zoo. I remember when she first came home...


To celebrate, we're going to a band concert - the first one of the season, with the whole band, which is much larger than the marching band. Somehow I don't think Lucy would like the band concert, so maybe we just won't tell her...

I don't think we've ever picked a birthday for Dummy, since we don't really know how old he is - he's around 3, but acts every bit like a damn 2 year old. A very LOUD 2 year old, that is...


On to the stitching bits...

Since it is now my favorite month of the year, it's time to get the Halloween pieces out. And it occurred to me on the way home one day last week that I really needed to frame my first Halloween design that I completed in '06 - yes, it's been laying around THAT long! SO into Hobby Lobby I went on Thursday, and got everything bought, and got it put together and hung up over the weekend:


NO IDEA what the pattern is, who it's by, or where it came from; it might have been from a BH&G magazine, or it might not. I honestly have no idea now... I was going to try my hand at embellishing the mat - but you know what? If it took me over 5 years to get the damn thing into a frame, anyone want to guess how long it would take me to get up the nerve to try to PAINT something on the mat??? Yeah, never mind... I'll leave that to Jill Rensel - or until I completely lose it :)

I also got my pinkeep jar out, and have it on the table along with the small pumpkin piece on its easel.


Not pictured - Boo! Club hung up next to Halloween Fairy, and 6 Bats hung up next to the Pumpkins piece above :) I may take more pictures once I get other things out (assuming I FIND them, of course).

I worked on Murky Manor some more during the week, and am to having the building itself done - then the grass, fence, and the rest of that tree. I think I'm just going to go ahead & finish it up - it's too close and still having too much fun with it to put it away.


I did get my Stitcher's Village Sampler Project done finally - those last bazillion Smyrna's - wow did they take way too long for no apparent reason... But it's done, I rinsed it, and pressed it - now how long will it live in my book bag before I actually get it mailed to Patty? Dunno - but it WILL be this week, I promise...


And that's the news for the week. Seems kinda puny compared to usual; what can I say, it was a busy week. This week's shaping up similarly. How on earth did I ever get things done when all I did was drive to games all weekend, EVERY weekend??? No idea... Though I do seem to be able to get laundry done in 2 days now instead of 7 - maybe that's the difference? Anywho, Happy Stitching this week to everyone!

3 comments:

Milly~ said...

Happy birthday Lucy Mae!

Davant del Riu said...

Un trabajo precioso. Felicidades. Abeatiful job. Congratulations.

Joysze said...

Happy Birthday to Lucy Mae.... I like how she's going to be left at home when you celebrate her birthday by going to a concert. ROFL!!!!

Love your Halloween stuff and great framing job. :D