Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Liebster Award

Lisa from Embroidering in English has awarded me the Liebster Blog Award for my Blogger blog, On Beads & Needles - how cool is that?

Lisa had this to say about my blog:

"e. Karen (On Beads and Needles): Karen stitches some lovely patterns, and she also posts the most marvelous nature photos- I love them!"

While this older blog started out years ago to just be a place to put random thoughts, it soon morphed into my jewelry and stitching blog, and then grew again when I was able to have my Multiply site rolled into it, where all my photos are stored - those update photos are what keep me motivated, you have no idea. And as I fully embraced the world of amateur digital photography, it also came to be a place (via Multiply's albums) where I could experiment with the things I see, or think I see. It makes me happy that others enjoy those things, too, and too, makes it okay that I "don't do people" - there are so many things in the world to see, I'll leave the people pictures to the Annie Leibovitz's of the world :)

Some background: Liebster is a German word, meaning favourite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the
Liebster to.

a. Lissanne's Stitching & Creations - I'll say it - SHE'S the one who hooked me on Chatelaine Sparkly Hummingbird Garden! I was doing a fine job of ignoring it entirely - and then I saw this magnificent PURPLE creation, and it was all over then. Oh yeah, she does LOTS of other great things, too :)
b. Nancy - the FINISHING QUEEN, who doesn't like to kit, but likes BIG projects, like Mystic Stitch, that she blows through without a backward glance! But I hope I've led her down the path as often she's led me :)
c. Joysze's Random Ramblings - First, I just love this blog - there's something about the color and the picture in the banner that are inviting, cool, and soothing. And then you get down to the posts, and especially the random questions, which are every bit as much fun to read everyone ELSE'S responses to as to come up with your own :)
d. Kim, a.k.a. Crab-Ass Mom - I think that maybe we are related - there are some spooky similarities to things she posts to my own experiences & thoughts. Because, despite popular opinion at my house, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE [fill in the blank].
e. Rachel's Does the Noise in my Head Bother You? - Best. Blog. Name. EVER! And, yeah, she's crafty, too, and does all kinds of things I could only dream about doing (had I 18 more hours a day).

2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

Thank you so much, Lisa!! I am usually a slug about these things, but I seem to have managed to find the inspiration to follow through!

3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.

Please check these out - it was really hard to choose just 5 out of the many I read (yes, I do read a LOT, even though I am usually WAYYYYYY behind)

4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

a. I prefer peppermints to chocolate. Unless it's mint chocolate.

b. I am a Fish person. Don't tell the dogs or the cats.

c. My combat boots were size 6 1/2. I loved those, wish I still had them (even if they did ruin my feet)

d. I'd rather be a rancher :) But not in Georgia - in Wyoming or thereabouts...

e. There's no such thing as too much bar-b-que. Or onions.


No comments: