Monday, March 01, 2010

The First of March - an Update

Well, the Olympic Winter Games are over, and for the first time since 1932, we were on top of the overall medal count, just over Germany & Canada. We came pretty close in the '02 Games, but this time, we did it! I slept through 98% of the USA-Canada hockey game yesterday - DH woke me up when he hollered when we scored the tying goal with 26 seconds to go, so I got to see the OT. Great game, though I would have been surprised if we'd won over Canada - the year we let them have the gold in snow boarding, they can let us win a hockey game, eh? And good luck to those who have NHL games tonight - hope you got a little rest in between :) But I am ready to get back to non-sports tv, which isn't a lot in my house, thanks to Fox Soccer Channel :( I need a week-long CSI marathon to get the stupid announcers and whistles out of my head for a bit - though I do have to give a special shout-out to my favorite, Bob Costas, for throwing in a Monty Python bit the other night, because Lumberjacks are okay :) Bob rocks!

Completely unrelated to anything, here's a crappy picture of a red tailed hawk in my back yard - I realllllyyyy need a camera that lets ME focus on what I want to focus on:

 

On to the week's stitching...

Thanks to Tuesday's stitch in and then the monthly meeting of PINS on Saturday, I finished From Nancy's Needle's Kaleidoscope!! Gee, I could have finished it a long time ago, but I kinda liked having it there for those late nights when I wasn't ready to go to bed, but too tired to work on a complicated cross stitch :) So, I guess I need to get Starry Nights kitted sooner rather than later, huh? Though I think it's a little more complex, so maybe won't serve the same function - but who cares?

 

Thank you again, Paula, for this RAK - it was so much fun to do!

I also finished up what I had planned to do on Carolyn's RR, by completing the "D" block on BRD Alphabet Zoo. It is now packaged up and hopefully off to the PO Monday afternoon, on it's way to Jodie. Here is what it looked like as it left me:

 

And lastly, my main piece of the week was AD's Samplar 4 Saisons. I only worked on it 3 days, due to games, stitch ins, and getting these two other projects wrapped up. But I did finish the Spring section (except for the leaves on the tree that isn't there yet, and the border along the left-hand side)! I expect to do a big chunk of tree next time - it's hard to get the leaves on it without the branches, especially as that's where the pages separate! We'll see, in about 5 more weeks :)


 

This week, Lady & Unicorn comes out, in between games and Tuesday's stitch-in :) Club ball opening weekend is this weekend - and so far, the forecast is for close to 60 on Saturday - let's hope that holds out - or better yet, improves :) I will be getting Lyne's AAFG from Carolyn sometime soon, so might work that when it gets here, and who knows what else? Happy stitching this week to everyone! And THINK SPRING, dammit!

1 comment:

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Lovely stitching - have seen very little of the Olympics here this year. Mind you, UK never do spectacularly well! I enjoy the skiing, and skating, but no-one else here does really :(